Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College will hire and employ unlimited full-time (UFT), temporary full-time (TFT), temporary part-time (TPT), adjunct, and external faculty who meet guidelines defined in MnSCU Board policy and procedure 3.32 and 3.32.1. Exceptions in hiring will follow the allowable exceptions under Board policy and procedure 3.32 and 3.32.1. If the individual does not meet the system-established minimum qualifications, Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College will apply one of the following exception conditions specified below:
- Emergency staffing situations:
- illness, accident, or death of a faculty member during the term, resulting in a faculty member being unable to teach or finish teaching the course;
- a failed search for a faculty position, if the position has been advertised at least twice;
- resignation or termination of a faculty member immediately prior to start of a term;
- addition of course sections immediately prior to start of a term; or
- immediate deployment in the armed services.
An individual may be hired for no more than two consecutive semesters under this exception.
- Pending credentials: Individuals who are close to meeting the minimum qualifications may be hired for no more than two consecutive semesters under this exception.
- Special expertise: An individual with special expertise may be hired to teach specialized courses. There is no time limit on this exception. Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College will take into account the following in determining use of this exception:
- applicant’s academic, occupational, and/or cultural expertise in the content area;
- licensures that are superordinate to and inclusive of those stipulated under current policy guidelines;
- credentials in a closely related field;
- previous history of successfully teaching the course at the institution.
- Renowned qualifications: An individual who has achieved exceptional status or recognition may be hired to teach appropriate courses in the field of recognition. There is no time limit on this exception.
- Emerging fields: An exception may be made in instances where the program area is so new that the educational preparation requirements and the occupational experience requirements are not yet clearly defined. This exception shall terminate when the system minimum qualifications are established.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College’s Human Resources department will maintain appropriate credentialing documentation, including records of exceptions, on all faculty who are assigned to teach credit-based college courses and for faculty who are assigned to perform work as counselors and librarians.
The Vice President of Academic Affairs and the Director of Human Resources will be responsible for distribution and implementation of this policy.