In reference to Minnesota State Policy 5.12.3 Adopted March 2006, Revised May 2014
Using the Registration Cancellation process, Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College shall cancel student registration for all credit courses unless one of the following conditions has been met:
- FAFSA results from the U.S. Department of Education have been received by the college.
- No later than fifteen business days before the start of a term the student has made a qualifying minimum payment of at least 15% of the tuition and fees due or has made a $300 down payment towards the tuition and fees. Along with this commitment payment the student shall submit an Administrative Deferment Request Tuition and Fee Payment Agreement to the Business Office. In lieu of financial aid this condition must be completed for each term.
- A Third Party Billing Authorization has been submitted to the Business Office.
- The Business Office has received a scholarship notice or an advance payment of a scholarship to cover the full amount of your tuition and fees.
- The student is a Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) student.
- A short-term deferral due to exceptional circumstances when additional time is needed to arrange third party financing or otherwise satisfy a tuition and fee balance due may be requested. All deferrals must document the reason for and time duration of the deferral and be signed by the chief financial officer of the college.
Exceptions to the Registration Cancellation process based on individual circumstances may be granted. For example, a student who is called to active duty or who is a veteran awaiting financial aid from the Department of Veterans Affairs should be exempt from the Registration Cancellation process.
Tuition and Fee Payment Related Dates
The financial commitment date is fifteen business days prior to the start of the term. Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College will begin using the Registration Cancellation process for unpaid credit registrations commencing with this commitment date and continue through the end of the fifth business day of the term. The start of the term is the first day classes are held.