Counselors are available during regular business hours Monday through Friday, by walk-in or appointment. Counseling services are free to all current students at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.
For more information, please contact:
|Anita Hanson||218-879-0819||Office 135|
Our professional counselors on campus provide many services to help students to better understand themselves and their career options to meet individual life goals. Free career counseling is available through appointments to assist with self-exploration, career options, information gathering and career decision-making. Career assessments are available as an additional resource in the career counseling process.
Our counselors are available to guide students through the wide range of educational counseling services. Please meet with a counselor on a regular basis to ensure your academic choices are meeting your goals.
Counselors can assist with the following topics, or follow the page links listed:
– Transfer Credit Information
– Graduation Process
– Course Registration
– College Transfer Days
Watch for campus announcements regarding college and university transfer representatives coming to campus to work with students who are interested in transferring after graduation from Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.
Our Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College counselors are professionals, trained to assist our students in a variety of educational, adjustment, and interpersonal relationship issues. Students receive caring help, with referrals to agencies within the community as needed.
Frequent areas that students talk to counselors about include mental health, domestic violence, sexual violence, grief support, college transition and career planning, and a range of emergency and crisis issues. Students are encouraged to work with our counseling staff, or you can directly find assistance through contacting the agencies and services listed here.
– Safe Haven 414 West First Street, Duluth 218-728-6481
- PAVSA 32 East 1st Street, Duluth 218-726-1931 (24-hour crisis line) 218-726-1442
– Fond du Lac Human Services 927 Trettel Lane, Cloquet 218-879-1227
Transition to College
– GPS LifePlan
– Minnesota Crisis Hotline 1-800-634-8775
– Behavioral Health Referral Center Hotline (Duluth) 1-888-826-0099 or 218-723-0099
- TXT4LIFE (because sometimes you just need someone to talk to) Txt “LIFE” to 61222
– PAVSA (24-hour crisis line for sexual violence) 218-726-1931