Mobile menu button
FDLTCC Banner Image
Main Top Image

Transcripts may be requested by returning a completed Transcript Request Form to the Records and Registration Office. A fee is required to print and send official and unofficial transcripts from the Records and Registration Office. Students must pay the required fee to the Business office prior to submitting the completed Transcript Request Form.

Transcripts are printed at the end of each business day and mailed accordingly. Unexpected delays may cause the normal schedule to be interrupted. Students should allow ample time for a transcript request to be processed and mailed.

Students with any type of hold on their record will not be able to receive official transcripts from the Records and Registration Office until all holds have been cleared.

Transcript Request Form
Complete this form to request official or unofficial transcripts from the college

Online Access to Transcripts
Students may view and print unofficial copies of their transcript through their Student Account. Students can log-on through the Student Account Access located here.

Grade Point Calculation
Grade point average is computed using the total credits attempted and the total grade points received. Multiply the credit hours a class is worth by the points for the grade earned. Add the number of grade points earned and divide them by the number credits attempted. (Grades of P, NC, I, and W are not used in the GPA calculation.)

A = 4 points
B = 3 points
C = 2 points
D = 1 point
F = 0 points

MATH 1050
3 credits
B grade = 3 points
3 credits x 3 points = 9 points

PSYC 2001
4 credits
C grade = 2 points
4 credits x 2 points = 8 points

3 + 4 = 7 credits; 9 + 8 =17 points
17 (points) divided by 7 (credits) = 2.42 GPA


Grading System

Letter grades will be assigned in each course as an evaluation of student achievement. The student’s overall progress is measured by the grade point average, which is determined by dividing the sum of the grade points earned in all letter-graded courses (A-F) by the sum of all credits earned in those courses. The following grading policy is used at Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.

Grade Definition Grade Point/Credit
A Superior 4.0
B Above Average Achievement 3.0
C Average Achievement 2.0
D Below Average Achievement 1.0
F Inadequate 0.0 (assigned to courses numbered 1000 and above)
FN Failure for Non-attendance 0.0
NC No Credit (not calculated into grade point average; may only be assigned to courses numbered below 1000)
P Passing (not calculated into grade point average; limited to approved courses; e.g., student request in Physical Education, Study Skills, workshops, or for those courses specifically designed as pass/no credit)
Z A temporary grade of Z is listed on the transcript until the instructor turns in the final grade for the student.

I (Incomplete) denotes lack of completion of the course during the semester in which it was offered. A student has the succeeding semester to complete the incomplete grade. Any incomplete grades carried beyond one semester will be changed to F, unless special arrangements have been made with the instructor.

AU (Audit) denotes neither credit nor a grade. A student auditing a course registers and participates in the usual manner, but does not receive credit. Audits must be declared at the time of registration. Tuition and fees are assessed at the same rate as for students receiving credit for the course.

W (Withdrawal) denotes complete withdrawal from a course after the fifth class day of the semester, but before the 60th day of the semester. A grade of W is non-punitive and is used only when the student completes the proper withdrawal procedure and when forms are processed by the Records and Registration Office. No indication of enrollment or withdrawal is made on the student’s transcript for courses dropped during the first five days of the semester. Withdrawals are not permitted following the conclusion of a course.

After the published last day to withdraw, the transcript will indicate the grade submitted by the instructor. An appeal can be made through the Records and Registration Office. Students who register for a course but do not attend the class and do not withdraw officially receive an F.

Repeating a Course
Students who receive grades of D, F, FN, or NC may repeat the courses in which they received these grades. Students should discuss their intentions with a counselor or advisor and complete the proper form. All repeated courses must be approved by an advisor/counselor prior to enrolling in the course. Both the old and new grades remain on student transcripts, but only the new grade will be used to compute the grade point average.