This short-term class is designed to prepare students for employment as a registered nursing assistants. The current program planner checklist is available for viewing and printing here. Degree requirements and course are subject to change. Students should consult with an advisor/counselor when registering for courses.
Nursing Assistant Testing
The Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has recently changed testing vendors, we are now working with Headmaster and use the TMU site for testing. Fond du lac Tribal and Community College offers the Full Test (knowledge and skills) at $250, the skills test separately at $150, and the knowledge test separately at $100.
- Knowledge and skills test are given on the same day
- Knowledge test is administered here on our campus in a computer lab (60 minute test)
- Skills test is administered here on our campus in the nursing lab
- If you fail a test, you will need to register for a new test date and pay again
Testing dates vary, please email Stacey in the Workforce Development department at stacey.johnson*AT*fdltcc.edu for a list of upcoming test dates or with any questions.
Extra Testing Information
- You may purchase a Minnesota practice knowledge test from Minnesota Headmaster Practice Knowledge Tests
- Review skills and vocabulary words in the Minnesota Candidate Handbook
- Review the mock skills Minnesota Mock Skills
Federal regulations require that nursing assistant training programs consist of at least 75 hours of training, including at least 16 hours of supervised practical or clinical training. Minnesota requires this minimum. Some states require the same training hours and practical/clinical hours as Minnesota while others require more hours or fewer. Additional requirements such as state-specific examinations; background checks; fees; and additional training, experience and coursework may also apply. If you are considering work in a state other than Minnesota, you can obtain more information about training requirements state-by-state at https://phinational.org/advocacy/nurse-aide-training-requirements-state-2016/.