Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College (FDLTCC) welcomes and thanks veterans for their service to our country. FDLTCC is invested in making sure our veterans achieve and succeed during their educational career with us.
- Veteran Student Checklist
- Types of VA Education Benefits
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)
- Veteran Student Policies
- Military Transcripts
- Other Types of Benefits/Scholarships
Financial Aid Resources
If you are planning to utilize Financial Aid in addition to VA Education Benefits, below is information the Department of Defense (DOD) asks us to share with prospective students. This information can also be found here: Paying For College – Fond du Lac Tribal & Community College
- Students apply for financial aid each year by completing a FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov
- The FAFSA can be completed after October 1st, 9-10 months prior to the start of the next school year. Your eligibility is calculated using your and your parents FAFSA information.
- The first distribution of financial aid occurs on the 9th day of each term. To receive aid in the first distribution, a student’s FAFSA and financial aid file must be finalized by the 5th day of the term. Subsequent financial aid disbursements occur each Thursday during the term.
- Deadline: A student’s FAFSA and financial aid file must be completed two weeks before the end of the term.
According to Federal Regulations, institutions are to use certain expenses in the calculation of financial aid. The total of these expenses is the annual Cost of Attendance (COA). FDLTCC’s COA reflects average expenses in both the Cloquet and Duluth area. This figure is used only in the calculation of your Financial Aid Eligibility.
Tuition/Fees (based on 15 credits/term): $ 5998.00
Books/Materials/Supplies/Equipment (est.): $ 1200.00
Living Expenses (averaged): $ 8924.00
Transportation (averaged): $ 3144.00
Personal Expenses (averaged): $ 6062.00
COA (total of all expenses): $ 25328.00
*Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have materials and/or expenses specific to your major to see if they impact your eligibility.
ACTUAL TUITION AND DIFFERENTIAL TUITION information can be found at https://fdltcc.edu/wp-lib/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/Cost-per-Credit-23-24.pdf
ESTIMATED COSTS (2023-2024)
Full year (30 credits)
One semester (15 credits)
Tuition and fee (est.)
Books and supplies (est.)
Year FDLTCC National Average
2019 3.5% 3.7%
2018 16.3% 11.5%
Want to double-check our numbers? To research FDLTCC’s past three year’s CDRs
- Go to https://fsapartners.ed.gov/knowledge-center/topics/default-management/official-cohort-default-rates-schools
- Click on “Official CDRs for the past three fiscal years*”
- Download Excel file and search alphabetically for FDLTCC School Code 031291
To compare FDLTCC’s CDR to the national average
Additional Veteran Resources
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.