Ascendium / BEAM Emergency Aid Program:
Supports eligible students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. Eligible expenses include childcare, food/meals, gas, housing/rent, medical/dental expenses, personal automobile expenses, public transportation/bus pass, and utilities. To be eligible for this program, students must be making academic progress (i.e., earning C’s or better) in all classes.
Award grants of up to $1,000 to eligible students experiencing a financial emergency—defined as an unforeseen expense that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student’s departure from the college and a loss of momentum toward completion.
To apply for an Emergency Aid grant, students should:
- Be a degree-seeking student and meet your institution’s satisfactory academic progress requirements as of the date of the award.
- Be enrolled during the academic term in which the Emergency Aid grant is awarded.
- Complete an Emergency Aid application using the Beam portal and include documentation of their expenses following these guidelines:
- Eligible expenses include but are not limited to utilities, housing/rent, food, medical/dental, transportation and childcare.
- Not eligible are expected school expenses such as parking, fines, tuition, books, supplies and required tools/equipment.
- Examples of documentation: For a car repair, a student should provide a mechanic’s estimate. For backup childcare, a student should provide a bill from the backup childcare provider
For more information about the Ascendium / BEAM Emergency Aid Program, please contact Rose Kolodynski at rosey*AT*fdltcc.edu or (218) 879-0798.
Emergency Loan Program:
Designed to assist students who have an emergency financial need that impacts their ability to remain in classes, students who have filed for and are eligible to receive a state or federal grants, scholarships or student loan are eligible to utilize FDLTCC’s emergency loan program. In most instances, to be eligible, students must have a source of income coming in during the same semester of the loan request to pay off the balance.
For more information about Financial Aid, please visit the Financial Aid Office.
For more information about other Emergency Funding options, please contact Rose Kolodynski at rosey*AT*fdltcc.edu or (218) 879-0798.