The Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College Bookstore is located near the entrance at the south end of the building on the main floor of the campus. The College Bookstore is owned and operated by Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College and is dedicated to supporting the academic mission of the college.
Students can visit the FDLTCC Bookstore website to order textbooks and other materials for classes, view current Bookstore hours, and purchase Thunder gear.
Visit the FDLTCC Bookstore Website
Our main goal is to provide students with the tools needed to be successful in the classroom. We do our best to have all textbooks for courses available before the first day of class. Many used books are stocked for various courses, offering an outstanding opportunity to save money. We also stock an assortment of school supplies, study aids, collegiate clothing, greeting cards, and gift items. In addition, we provide great work-study employment opportunities for Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College students.
The College Bookstore staff helps students by offering the best customer service we can provide. Of course, feel free to stop in or call with any questions, comments, or suggestions.
The Booklist for the current semester is available in the bookstore or may be viewed online by clicking here.
COLLEGE BOOKSTORE HOURS
Monday through Friday – 9:00am – 4:00pm. Hours subject to change, visit the FDLTCC Bookstore website for updates.
Please contact the Bookstore Coordinator to make special arrangements.
For more information, contact:
Bonnie Bernhardson, Bookstore Coordinator
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
2101 14th Street
Cloquet, MN 55720
- Clothing and Gifts
- School Supplies
- Study aids
- Pens and Pencils
- General books
- Art supplies
- 3-ring binders and accessories
- Computer disks/USB drives
- Sweatshirts and T-shirts
- Travel mugs
- Imprinted gift items
- Gift certificates
- Greeting cards
- Native American quilts
- Imprinted glassware
- Gift bags
- and much more.
TEXTBOOK PURCHASING INFORMATION
Procedures and Useful Tips for Purchasing Textbooks
- Bring your personal class schedule to the College Bookstore to verify your course titles and numbers.
- Semester booklists are posted on the bookstore window and inside the bookstore. The booklist is alphabetized by course and lists the required textbooks for each course. Any optional textbooks, recommended by the instructor, will also be listed.
- The bookshelves are labeled in alphabetical order by course title, number, and section. Always cross-reference the semester booklist with your class schedule before purchasing your textbooks because some books are optional.
- If used textbooks are available for a class, they are always displayed first, and usually sell first.
- Prices are marked on the back cover of the textbooks and on the semester booklists.
- When you are ready to purchase your books, please inform the bookstore staff of your method of payment (cash, check, credit card, or authorized financial aid award charge).
- Many students are eligible to charge their books and supplies against their financial aid award. To charge, you must have your financial aid award process completed. Please note: Charging against your financial aid award ends on the fifth day of the semester.
- Keep your receipt! It is required for textbook returns. Please see Textbook Returns Policy for details.
- If at any time you need assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.
Check Cashing Policy
Personal checks are accepted in the amount of purchase only. Two-party checks are not accepted. A twenty dollar service charge will be assessed on all returned checks, and a hold will be placed on your records until restitution is made.
Book Buy Back
The College Bookstore works with a national used book company to offer the used book buy during the final exam periods. During the scheduled buying period, students will have the opportunity to sell most of their used textbooks to the used book buyer. Specific dates and times are posted on campus and in the College Bookstore.
Students may sell their books online anytime. Click here to go to the online text book buy back site.
Textbook Returns Policy
- A student who drops a course may return their textbook for a refund by complying with the College Bookstore returns policy as follows:
- New book returns must be made within five (5) class days from the 1st day of the semester,
- New books must be in perfect condition to be returned. (Shrink wrap must be intact, no writing or highlighting, complete),
- Students MUST HAVE a drop sheet from the records office,
- Students MUST HAVE original cash register receipt,
- Refunds will be made by check and mailed to the student. No cash refunds will be given.
- Refund amounts will first be applied to any outstanding balance owed to Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.
- Used book sales are final. No refunds will be made on used book purchases.
- Please return textbooks as early as possible for the benefit of other students who may need them.
Return of Merchandise Other Than Textbooks
Merchandise may be returned for a refund or exchange within three days from the date of purchase. Merchandise must be accompanied by a dated cash register receipt. Any merchandise being returned must be in salable condition. Refunds will be made by check and mailed, no cash refunds will be given. Refund amounts will first be applied to any outstanding balance owed to Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.