The mission of the Student Ambassadors is to promote awareness and overall understanding of cultural diversity on and off campus. We also offer ourselves as a source of academic and social support for students attending Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College, placing a special emphasis on recognizing the potential in everyone to positively contribute to the school.
As Ambassadors, we
- host and contribute to events on campus, all in an attempt to improve the college atmosphere.
- serve as liaisons by which students may leave suggestions, questions, concerns and comments regarding FDLTCC.
- offer ourselves as unbiased support, examples, and guides to the student body.
- strive to keep students engaged in and excited to attend FDLTCC.
- campaign to spread awareness and address matters of respect and cultural cohesion campus wide.
- act to unify clubs and organizations on campus.
- work with other student and faculty organizations to improve the college experience.
- be available during certain hours throughout the week and at special events on campus.
Typical Ambassadors Activities
- At New Student Orientation to welcome new students, offer guidance, and give tours
- During Thunder Nerd Time (TNT)
- During game nights
- At campus-wide events and during certain summer activities
Become a Student Ambassador
This is a paid position through Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College that is not a part of the work study program. Job openings at any point throughout the year will generally be advertised on the school bulletin boards, as well as through a campus-wide email.
If you are interested in applying, contact Jesse Stirewalt at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 218-590-3345. Applicants must be in good academic standing and be able to attend multiple meetings and events throughout the year.