The Center for Academic Achievement offers free help with academic course work and study skills development. The CAA also offers encouragement and a place for study. To work with a tutor for a single session or up to twice per week, fill out and submit the Tutor Request Form that is available in the CAA or from an adviser.
The Center for Academic Achievement is located in Room W121 in the west wing of the main campus building.
Tutoring Services During Spring Semester 2021
During the semester, professional tutoring services are available on a daily schedule. Please see the special schedule and instructions on how to connect with our tutors by clicking here.
Testing Room (W120) (See special notice for Spring Semester 2021)
Monday-Wednesday-Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday-Thursday, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Must show photo ID to test.
CAA (tutoring, W121)
Monday through Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Closed weekends, holidays, and during academic breaks
Sarah Libbon, CAA Coordinator
All services are offered at no charge.
• Led by professional tutors or by peer tutors who have done well in the class
• Offered in math, science, and accounting courses; others may be available
• Study groups offered during Fall Semester 2020 are to be determined. All meet in the CAA/Room W121
– College Algebra
– Anatomy & Physiology I
– Anatomy & Physiology II
• Professional tutors in science (TRIO) and math (TRIO), and in writing for all subject areas
• Peer tutors in many subjects; ask in the CAA
• Large, separate room for quiet testing
• Must show photo ID to test
• Must complete test by close of scheduled testing hours (see hours above)
Spring Semester 2021 Testing Notice: Sarah Libbon will be available for in person testing on Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. by appointment only. Testing will be done in the testing room with one student testing at a time. Therefore, it must be prearranged at least 24 hours in advance by emailing Sarah Libbon at firstname.lastname@example.org and contacting the instructor for approval and arranging the hard copy exam to be available during the testing time. Students must be wearing a facemask at all times during the test. Testing times will be based on availability. Testing will be at the discretion of the instructor.
Computers (Windows, macOS)
• Two Windows and two macOS computers in CAA for study purposes
• Assistance with word processing, online courses (D2L brightspace), presentation software, and more
Workbooks, study guides, answer keys, supplementary textbooks and reference materials, study skills information, stapler, 3-hole punch
Tutor.com is an online tutoring program that connects you to an expert tutor the moment you need help. You can connect 24/7 for assistance in over 50 subjects.