Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College’s Emergency Aid Program provides assistance to current students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. This assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately securing a better financial future.
- Child Care
- Medical/Dental Expenses
- Personal Automobile Expenses
- Public Transportation/Bus Pass
- Entertainment Expenses
- Legal Fees
Students must apply and determined to be eligible by meeting financial aid and cumulative GPA requirements. Eligibility is determined by the information entered through the online DreamKeeper application at the link below. There is a maximum award per student and students are only eligible for one award per semester. A legitimate emergency must be verified with paperwork (invoice, estimates). Checks are not made directly to students, checks are made directly to a legitimate/licensed vendor. Checks cannot be made to a friend or relative.
After a current student submits a completed application, the college receives a notice and the administrative process of verification and approval or denial begins. Awards can sometimes be adjusted from the original amount requested.
Click here for the Emergency Aid Program online application. (This link will take you off the FDLTCC website.)
For more information about the Emergency Aid Program, contact Anita Hanson, Dean of Student Services, at 218-879-0805 or email@example.com.
CRRSAA Emergency Fund
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College students who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, who are in need of emergency assistance, and who meet eligibility criteria may apply for emergency grant assistance under the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA). FDLTCC administration will determine whether funding is applicable under CRRSAA.
CRRSAA emergency funding is a one-time emergency grant available each term of attendance and is dependent on funds available. CRRSAA applications may exceed the availability of funds. While funding cannot be guaranteed, we will continue to accept applications in the event additional funding becomes available.
CRRSAA funds have been designated to address the pressing financial needs of students related specifically to the cost of attendance based on the disruption of campus operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These needs include areas such as food, housing, course materials, tuition/fees, technology, health care, transportation, and child-care.
CRRSAA funds will be awarded to eligible students with the greatest need as identified through the application and documentation process. The funds are to be used expressly for the need(s) stated above.
To complete the application process, you will need to submit documentation. Examples of relevant documentation includes: a billing statement, layoff or furlough notice, receipt for recent course materials or technology purchases, childcare expense, rent or mortgage statement, etc. in support of your application. You may want to find these documents prior to starting your application. Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted by a member of our staff.
FDLTCC Student Eligibility for a CRRSAA Emergency Grant:
- Students enrolled in the current semester as a part-time or full-time student;
- Students who can demonstrate exceptional financial need as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Students who have filed or who are eligible to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
FDLTCC Students Who Are Not Eligible for a CRRSAA Emergency Grant:
- Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) or concurrent enrollment students;
- Students who are concurrently enrolled at another institution and FDLTCC is not the home institution (i.e. consortium students);
- Students who are undocumented;
- Students who are assessed senior citizen tuition rates;
- Students who are exclusively enrolled in non-credit classes;
- Students who are incarcerated;
- Students (who are FDLTCC employees and not dependents) who have their tuition paid via employee waiver through Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
CRRSSA Emergency Funds may be utilized to cover expenses such as:
- Essential academic needs (e.g. textbooks, tuition/fees, supplies, laptops, internet access, hotspots)
- Replacement of personal items
- Emergency housing needs (e.g. securing short-term housing, security deposits, assistance w/ utilities, etc.)
- Medical expenses
- Emergency expenses related to dependents (e.g. childcare)
To apply for a CRRSAA Emergency Grant, please follow these steps:
- Complete FDLTCC’s CRRSAA Emergency Grant Application form by clicking on the Application Button:
- At the time of application, please submit documentation to verify exceptional need.
- Email documents to: Rose Kolodynski at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If approved, CRRSAA emergency funds will either be:
- Released directly to students via BankMobile. (You may need to enroll in BankMobile). OR
- With student permission, CRRSAA funds will be paid directly to FDLTCC for an outstanding tuition/fee balance owed to FDLTCC.
- Once documentation is provided and an approval is made, disbursement typically takes place within 1-3 days.
Our school delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Visit this link for more information: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.