FDLTCC is delighted to invite students and the community to campus for the 2023 Nursing and Healthcare Expo on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, as part of the 2022-2023 Campus Visit Days series. Attendees will have the exciting chance to meet with agencies to learn about career opportunities and more during the free event at FDLTCC. To learn more about Campus Visit Days at FDLTCC, visit https://fdltcc.edu/admissions/visit-us/campus-visit-days/.
The Nursing and Healthcare Expo is provides an exciting chance to meet with agencies to learn about career opportunities and more. During the event, students and community members can learn about the wide range of exciting healthcare careers, agencies, and employment opportunities.
The Nursing and Healthcare Expo is free and open to the public. For more information about the 2023 Nursing and Healthcare Expo or to inquire about being a vendor at this year’s event, please contact Cassandra Nicholson at email@example.com.
We’re excited to welcome these organizations to our 2023 Nursing and Healthcare Expo:
- University of Minnesota
- Community Memorial Hospital
- Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment
- St. Luke’s
- AHL HealthCare Group
- Pine Ridge Homes
- Essentia Health
- Moose Lake Village
- Essentia Health
- Gerontology-Aging Services Professional Program at Northwood Technical College
- Fond du Lac Home Health Services
- Niganawenimaanaanig Indigenous Nursing Program – Bemidji State University
- Bemidji State University Transfer Office
- Gentiva Hospice Duluth
- Arrowhead Regional Consortium for Healthcare Staffing
- Trillium Services, Inc.
- Concordia University, St. Paul accelerated BSN nursing program
- The College of St. Scholastica
Getting to Campus:
Take the Highway 33/Cloquet exit from Interstate 35, go north approximately one mile to Washington Avenue and turn right. Go to the first stop sign at 14th Street. Turn right onto 14th Street and follow for about one mile. The campus is on the right hand side of 14th Street. Parking is available in any of the lots that surround the main building. On-campus parking is free.
The mission of Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College Nursing Program is to provide the education necessary for entry into nursing. This program prepares the graduate to provide culturally competent care. The program aims to educate nurses to be culturally sensitive, focusing on the health needs of the American Indian population and the rural community. Upon completion of this program the graduate will be eligible to sit for the licensure exam.
Campus Visit Days are a great opportunity to meet in person our faculty, program staff, student services staff, Thunder athletics coaches, and current students. Come individually, in a small group, or with your class to learn more about Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College. It’s a fun experience on campus with hands-on activities, plus it’s the perfect time to get your questions answered.
2022-2023 Campus Visit Days
- Thursday, October 27, 2022, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Science & Technology Expo
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022, 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Nursing & Healthcare Expo
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Career Awareness and College Fair
- Wednesday, April 19, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Law Enforcement Expo
- Tuesday, May 2, 2023, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For more information, contact the FDLTCC Admissions Office staff:
Josh Cleveland, 218-879-0817 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Gustafson, 218-879-0808 or Katie.Gustafson@fdltcc.edu
For more information about the 2023 Nursing and Healthcare Expo or to inquire about being a vendor at this year’s event, please contact Cassandra Nicholson at email@example.com.
I chose FDLTCC because of its size and the curriculum. When I first came here in 2019, I was just looking for what I needed to volunteer, perhaps in a crisis shelter. I met with Don Jarvinen, and the rest is history.
It is awesome here at the FDLTCC Education Program because it is like a family here, if you need help or are struggling with anything, you have quite a few people who will help you out.
My favorite thing about FDLTCC is the people. I’ve met fantastic students, faculty and staff who go above and beyond what I expected.